Friday 18 January 2013

Personal branding

Looking back at my personal branding, I have gotten used to it and I'm quite comfortable with it for now. At this point I want to push it further forward an begin applying it to a small range of branded materials that I will actually use when designing and networking.

So far I just have a business card and a few social networking accounts with very little on them. I don't use them frequently enough to promote myself that way and upload work or interesting subjects.

I need to upload more to my online portfolio and customise the layout which will take some time but will be very worthwhile. I also want to look into a specific mailing list that I can send a some mail to. I've decided not to send any sample of my work but to send them a taste of my creativity.

I've also considered a concept for a bespoke website. I wouldn't actually create one as I'd rather not pay to have it at the moment. The concept would be based around my initials, there will be four pages Charlie, portfolio, jobs and contacts. Charlie would be about me as a designer and my interests much like a home page and an about page merged together. Portfolio would be a page of all my projects which could be for clients, for competitions and for personal practice. The jobs page would define what kind of jobs I'm looking to do and which skills I have so people looking for a designer will know exactly what to expect from me and whether or not I'm the right man for the job. Finally the Contact page will have my details and links to social networks and clients that I will have done work for previously.

Sounds like a lot but I'm not going to spend too much time designing but more time just doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment