Monday 28 January 2013

Portfolio considerations.

After purchasing my portfolio folder it became apparent that I need to consider a number of things and make some choices. With the portfolio surgeries approaching I want to have as much done so I don't have to make too many big changes to it.


Things to consider:

   - landscape or portrait?
   - layout - images of deliverables? development? ideas?
   - font choice?
   - which briefs include?
   - what kind of work?
   - what to write about the briefs/whats appropriate?
   - what details about myself should I include?

Decisions:

   - landscape
   - layout - images of deliverables on a double page spread for each brief. Images on the first page then more images and a bit about the brief on the second aligned to the right in a column.
   - Minion pro - for its neutral aesthetic across the entire portfolio and because I don't want to use Helvetica.
   - include briefs from OUGD301
   - briefs should all be based on branding and identity
   - an overview of each brief roughly 100-150 words long explaining the purpose and the design choices. Maybe include some print and production specifications.
   - my logo, my contact details and a short about me paragraph

No comments:

Post a Comment