Thursday 14 March 2013

Creative Concern Studio Placement





Although my placement at Creative Concern was two years ago now I feel its a good idea to recap on my experience and how its informed my practice and my views on the design industry.

Firstly, my taste in design and my design approach was much different then to what it is now as well as my skills having come on leaps and bounds. I would be very narrow with my design approach and only  aim for one thing when given a task or a brief to respond to. Now I'm more open and I let as much of my surroundings, findings and experimentation direct my response.

Working in a big studio was really nice because I got to meet a lot of people that all have different roles and experience. Some were more business lead and worked with organising things, and others were the designers that worked on the projects. For a few days they had a programmer/coding freelancer come in to code a website.

By the end of the placement I was pleased to have done it because I learnt a lot about how studios operated. If I could have done it differently I would have asked more questions, got more contacts and kept in touch more after completing the placement. But at that point I didn't think ahead enough to do anything.

I want to get back in touch and thank the studio so I'm going to make them a customised print/gift that they will hopefully appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment