Thursday 14 March 2013

Modern Designers Studio Placement





Similarly to Creative Concern It was two years ago and I failed to keep in touch with them. However, a can recap the experience nonetheless. It was much different to Creative Concern as the size of the studio, the amount of people I was working with and the kind of work/jobs they were doing were much different. Going from a big studio at the top of a cotton mill with a great view and lots of books and interesting things on the walls to a small white studio with 2 windows and a dog was quite a transition. I didn't fall in love with it like I did at Creative Concern but I appreciate the experience more now as it was a more hard working environment. And I spent less time following people around and observing and more time getting involved with some of their work and doing a lot of research.

I only spent a week at Modern Designers but it was a long week and I wanted a rest at the end. Now I would say it was a good week and it gave me a good taste of whats to come from the industry. If I could have done anything differently, again I would have prepared some questions and tried to get more out of them instead of getting on with the tasks they set me. I suppose that is part of a learning curve and a development of my understanding of how to get the most out of placement or studio visit.

I'll be sending them a thank you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment