Wednesday 13 October 2010

Visual thinking evaluation

What is being communicated and how?
The letter O through the means of photography, use of light sticks in a darkened environment and digital editing to combine the image with my letterform to create the final typeface.


How well does this answer the brief?
I think it answers the brief to an OK standard mainly because the idea is quite generic so its easy to understand but lacks innovation.


How well has the idea been visually explored?
I'd say it was explored to an average standard. I used photographs and experimented with long exposure as primary research and sourced images from the internet and used cutouts from magazines and flyers as secondary research.


What are the strengths of the resolution?
I think the initial idea really communicates the words definition. Also the combination of photography and digital imagery works nicely together.


How could it be improved?
I think I could have made it better if I generated more ideas and took them further to discover more alternative responses and generally further my innovation.


General comments...
I found this word quite challenging to communicate and its stretched my imagination and creativity. I'm taking it as a positive note as its pushing me further.

No comments:

Post a Comment