Wednesday 4 January 2012

Enterprise & Innovation - Task 1 - Who am I - Who are they?


Possible Client Groups.


Music Industry - CD covers and content / Event promotion / Band merchandise and packaging
Publishing - editorial magazines / look books / commercial music magazines / short run, bespoke booklets for short term events such as theatre performances, art exhibitions and business events for companies.
Retail - branding for a clothing line, perfume or other commodities. Package design, label design. Creative design for delivery such as carrier bags, shop displays.


What skills / interests you have and how they relate to the needs of your client group?


I'm good with idea generation and planning and I think very creatively and visually more than actually producing visual work. My motivation to learn as much as possible and have a solid concept is what drives my research and overall defines the outcome of my designs.
I prefer to work with illustrative designs which have a bit of character to them but I get excited about all types of design like editorial and publishing, package and promotion and branding and identity. I don't have much of an interest in infographics but I do appreciate the complexity and creativity that has to go into designs that have to communicate so much effectively.
I'm very interested in printed media and print production, I believe print will never die, we will always need it


What skills are needed and what skills you want to develop?


I like to think of myself as a well rounded designer and I'm open to learning new skills and techniques as well as improving my current skills. We live in a very digital society and technology often determines a lot of designs and presents creative opportunities so I would like to improve and develop my software skills and think more creatively in terms of how to apply my work to new technologies and alternative media as this will be required from me once I enter the Industry fully.


What are your professional/creative aims and how do they relate to the needs of the client group?


My professional aims are to produce designs that really give the clients what they want and exceed what they have asked for in both quality and quantity. I would really prefer to be taking on jobs and briefs that are beneficial in some way towards communities, the environment and even more so for the future of other people.
Creatively, I want to communicate in an engaging, charismatic and defined way using a wide range of techniques and media. I would like to develop my own personal style but at the same time allow myself to work in a broad way to give clients their own distinguished design aesthetic and identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment