Friday 20 January 2012

OUGD205 - IMAGE - Editorial image crit & feedback

This was a difficult crit for me as I struggled to get all my designs done for the session and had little to show. However, I did get some useful feedback which I can move forward with and finish the brief with.

The first image for the article Doctor Doctor was a bit too busy and my crit group much preferred the hand rendered feel of my initial drawings as the content of the article is quite personal and the hand crafted aesthetic brings the image to a more personal design.

The 2nd image for the article Relationship Maths the group thought my idea and concept of the formula was good as it communicates the overall message of the article using the topic itself in a symbolic form. They suggested that I make the numbers which form the heart more spaced out so they can be better identified.

The third image was incomplete so I had to explain a lot of my ideas to the groups which made it difficult to develop any designs from the feedback. Ideas I came away with though were, to make the moon a pound coin and have human figures looking up at it from earth in confusion or looking puzzled. Also I thought of doing something with the reference to latte's and TV's and having some sort of mathematical ratio or representation of the amount of lattes that pay for one TV, this would be including the topic of numbers which runs throughout the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment