Thursday 26 May 2011

Indesign Software Brief - Evaluation.

I've always enjoyed doing the software briefs that are set for each module and I found this one to be really helpful with my work. The type and grid sessions were really useful as I learnt how to draw up a grid properly and experiment with layouts and what certain marks and shapes signify when mapping them out.

I took it upon myself to research more into double page spreads as i was finding it hard to be creative with the restrictions of a grid and the mandatory requirements. This helped greatly and I readdressed my work and planned out several strong ideas.

In the end I went for something that I thought Lewis would enjoy and agree suits him as a person and as a designer as he was the content of my DPS. This did make my design a bit more straight forward after having experimented and speculated with other more extreme and inventive designs.

The final printout works well in terms of legibility and it was well received by Lewis. Over all I think I have carried out a good amount of investigation and developed my ideas well throughout to produce a DPS that answers the brief strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment