Wednesday 4 May 2011

Tetley's Design Job - Meeting the Client - Jon Clough.

On Monday the 2nd on May I went to meet Jon Clough the producer for the film I'm designing for. I took someone thumbnail sketches of ideas and the colour swatches that i had made so he could choose the colours he thought would be suitable and also see what ideas i was generating to begin with.
We discussed them at length and some were favoured more than others, for example, the idea of having an illustrated grave with the line;

'TETLEY'S
1822-2011
R.I.P'

seemed a bit morbid for the overall tone of the film.

We went on to discuss different ideas that he and the rest of the crew had been looking into and researching whilst making the film and he gave me lots of ideas for what he was thinking initially. We both agreed that we liked the warm nostalgic tones and connotations of the beer mats which is what i was hoping for. Also Jon specifically mentioned that he would like the title of the film 'Quality Pays' to take up the majority of the poster design. This I feel is a wise decision as we don't want the audience to mistake the posters as advertisements for Tetley's.

Jon seemed to like the process of creating visual thumbnails and requested that I do more of them and post them to my blog which I have given a him a link so he can keep up to date with the progress and development of the designs.

The deadline for the posters, DVD cover and DVD labels is the 16th of May as they will need to be printed and used to advertise for the films release and first viewing in june. The Press Kit however can be finalised at a later date as it will be needed closer to the release of the film. This leaves Dave and myself a lot more time to focus on the promotional materials which is a massive positive in out favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment