Thursday 26 May 2011

Speaking From Experience - Evaluation.

Having completed this brief I feel as though I have finished quite a challenge as I was really unfamiliar with book layouts and printing books digitally then cutting them down. It was a long process to as a I had to keep test printing to see if it would work and there was always little mistakes each time, however, this was a good way to work out these mistakes.

I found that carrying out research for this brief was very easy as the problems, opinions and facts were all sourced from the current first years as a primary research. Secondary research came from looking at and analysing Blogger's functions, colour schemes and logos.

I'm terms of what i have achieved with this brief I feel i haven't produced the amount of work, especially deliverables, that I was aiming for. This I would say was due to having a lot of difficulty with the layout of the booklet and I had also undertaken  a live brief alongside my college work.

If i could do something differently I would try using Indesign to make the booklet and not forming a large print out of the book on illustrator.

The final piece itself I think works in terms of providing the information that is require for the new first years to begin blogging and overcome any problems they are likely to encounter with it. However there are still a few adjustments that need to be made as some of the titles don't match up once printed folded and guillotined. Furthermore, I would like to make the book less formal and more visually engaging, this has proved to be my main issue from the beginning and although I have my the book look nice a with colour and given it a bit a humour and entertainment with the puns and phrases used throughout it still could do with more visuals and/or imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment