Monday 16 May 2011

Tetley's Design Job - DVD labels feedback

Here is Jon's feedback on the work I've been doing on the labels.

Really like it mate i think youve done a really good job with that one. 

Just a few minor details. 

Could we possibley have    Quality Pays - Tetley's 1822 - 2011 around the outside? We have desided to market this film less as a documentary and more of a film if that makes sence? (Quality Pays on the top of the circle)

I like the way you have incorporated the NNFS logo into the outer black edge of the sign. If we could maybe fade that into the black a little so it doesnt stand out so much?

One minor, or major point (depends what way you want to think about it...) do you think using this design would be a breech of any copyright laws? 

Apart from that i am very happy. 

Could you possibly trail run a print of this, stick it on a blank DVD (If you havnt got any, dont go buy one ill just bring one tomorrow) and bring it 2 the meeting tomorrow?

Remember to make a note of any cost's of printing etc then you can invoice me for them at the end. 

Thanks alot mate
Jon



Below is a follow email he sent.

Just clarify when using the northern film school logo for posters - DVD covers etc

It doesn't have to be within the black box. I believe that their is a 'cutout' version on the file i send. So use that instead of having a big black block on everything. 

Thanks
Jon



Brilliant. I'm glad you like it.


That shouldn't be a problem to change the text on it i'll get on that right away and the same goes for the NNFS logo.

I'm not too sure exactly if it's a breech of any laws. However the image I am work with is my own and i have the rights to it.

I will bring print outs of each deliverable for you tomorrow, I don't have a blank DVD but i may be able to find one in the studios at college.

Finally I'll be sure to keep track of the costs going into the printing.

Charlie.


The costings for all printing is relatively tight, so if we could try and keep any printing costs as low as possible that would be great. 

Ill bring a dvd we can try it on tomorrow mate so thats no problem. 

Have you got any design work for the DVD covers you would like me to have a look at before tomorrow or shall we wait till then?

Thanks
Jon


I've just finished reworking the label and I will post it shortly to my blog.

I will be working on the cover for the rest of the day and changing the poster to what you requested and developing it further. If i get time I'll run some test prints because I will need to check that the colours will come out properly. If not then I will wait till tomorrow and do all the printing then.

I'll will hopefully have the DVD covers ideas finished today so you can look at them tonight be we meet tomorrow if not then i will let you know.

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment