Thursday 3 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Progress Surgery

I got some good feedback from my crit which has left me with a positive attitude towards my ideas and I found the crit focussed a lot on how to go about working on the ideas and develop them and was just a way to reinforce the fundamental criteria of this module.

I have developed my concept further so I need to go back and re-rationalise it to focus it down again.

Points made about my idea were...

- the band name
- extending the range and linking it to a situation or context
- being playful and exhaustive with the gimmicky side of it and have fun with it

possible outcomes mentioned were...

- chap goodie bag
- stickers
- badges
- cut out ukulele
- turning people into chaps through the merchandise and branding
- making up the story behind it all - the bands back ground - the characters - their instruments (flying V uke, Les Paul uke, banjolele, standard)
- visually link the range to an experience


I had selected a range of nets from the books in the studio which I think would work well for the products I want to package and brand however Lorenzo made a point that I need to be more emotive with things like that and to not just draw the nets and say 'these are my nets' but to actually put designs on them straight away and see what they look like before even making one for real.

From here I going to make a plan and set myself tasks to complete in order to produce my work quickly and effectively.

I still need to consider a few more things such as stock, colour and which printing methods and finishes I will be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment